Environmental Services Housekeeper
Reports to: Director of Environmental Services
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Director, the Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established procedures and as directed, and ensures that the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Current CPR Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Lift 25-50 pounds.
- 1-year of experience working in a residential/behavioral healthcare setting.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain all assigned areas in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Cleaning rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevator, stairways, locker rooms, patient rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met. ∙ Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Clean exterior windows, patios, or other outside areas as
- Check and refill all paper towel and soap dispensers as necessary.
- Straightens chairs, pillows and decorative items in common areas as needed, and returns items to appropriate location when found out of place.
- Follow soiled and clean laundry protocol as directed
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Keep cleaning equipment in good working condition.
- Observe and report maintenance issues.
- Follow infection control and universal precautions policy.
- Maintain all cleaning equipment and supplies according to prescribed standards ∙ Maintains patient confidentiality at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to exert and lift 25-50 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to physically perform the job duties and responsibilities
- Knowledge and ability to operate vacuums and other cleaning equipment ∙ Skilled in the proper use of cleaning supplies, sanitation and disinfectants