Reports to: Life Technician Supervisor
Under the supervision of the Life Technician Supervisor, the Life Technician assist with daily living activities and lead residence in group and recreational activities.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Current CPR Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- 1 year of experience working in a residential/behavioral healthcare setting.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate community and educational groups
- Supervise residents
- Engage in daily activities with residents
- Accompanying residents to outings including recreation activities and 12 step meetings ∙ Complete daily tracking logs
- Transportation of residents to facility, appointments, stores, meetings, etc. ∙ Monitoring and mentoring residents
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Crisis support and intervention
- General knowledge of recovery and mental illness.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally.
- Aware of others’ behaviors and actions and the ability to react in a professional manner. ∙ Ability to actively listen and understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.