Reports to: Medication Services Director
Under the direction of the Medication Services Director, the Medication Technician administers
patient medications or assists patients with self-administration of medication and coordinates
treatments to patients.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Current CPR Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 1 year experience working in a residential/behavioral healthcare setting as a Medication
- Current CNA license in the state of Utah.
- Current Medication Aide – Certified license.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Record patient behavior and provide a safe, supportive environment for the patients.
- Technicians will provide and record patient medications
- Supervise patients who self-administrator medication while following company and
- Medication ordering and receiving, in a timely manner.
- Keep medication cupboard, carts, and doors locked at all times, when not in use.
- Regular review of the patient MARS, CSRs, Pharmacy Transaction Records, and perform
audits on a daily basis for incomplete documentation.