Reports to: Medical Services Director
Under the direction of the Medical Services Director, the Medication Technician administers patient medications or assists patients with self-administration of medication and coordinates treatments to patients.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Current CPR Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 1 year experience working in a residential/behavioral healthcare setting. ∙ Current CNA license in the state of Utah.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Record patient behavior and provide a safe, supportive environment for the patients. ∙ Technicians will provide and record patient medications
- Supervise patients who self-administrator medication while following company and regulatory guidelines
- Medication ordering and receiving, in a timely manner.
- Keep medication cupboard, carts, and doors locked at all times, when not in use. ∙ Regular review of the patient MARS, CSRs, Pharmacy Transaction Records, and perform audits on a daily basis for incomplete documentation.
- Assist in documenting and removing medications that are discontinued. ∙ Keep medication files and patient records current and up to date.
- Notify Medical Services Director of any medication discrepancies. ∙ Report any significant incidents on the appropriate forms and to the Medical Services Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Med Tech is expected to understand and implement individual treatment plans. ∙ Strong communication skills in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work with patients in a respectful, compassionate manner. ∙ Ability to be highly organized and pay great attention to detail
- Knowledge of proper dispensing and administration of medications. ∙ Knowledge of regulations concerning the proper disposal of medications. ∙ Knowledge of regulations regarding expired medications.
- I have read, understood and agree to the assigned duties as allocated above. I feel that I am competent in the job duties described above.