The Clinical Supervisor provides ongoing clinical services and support to the clinical team, as
well as assist the Clinical Director in all duties. The Clinical Supervisor is part of the leadership
and strategic planning team for Brighton Recovery Center. Ongoing clinical services include
assessment and treatment of individuals with mental, emotional, or substance abuse problems,
including abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and/or other drugs. Activities may include individual and
group therapy, crisis intervention, case management, client advocacy, prevention, and education.
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or another licensure-eligible field of study.
• Licensed in the state of Utah as one of the following: LCSW, LMFT, or LCMHC
• 3 years experience in substance abuse treatment
• Recent management/supervisory experience
• CPR certification
• Experience with internship programs
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide clinical supervision for master’s level clinicians seeking licensure and BSW,
MSW and ASUDC interns
• Audit group notes, track client attendance and program compliance
• Participate in the development of program and group curricula
• Assist with ensuring that the program fulfills all licensing requirements and JCAHO
• Assist with continued program growth of PHP, IOP, Sober Living and general outpatient
• Provide weekly individual, group, and psycho-education & family therapy interventions
to assist patients in meeting treatment goals
○ Engages clients quickly and builds strong rapport with clients
○ Evaluate and asses individualized needs for treatment
○ Responsible for group facilitation and contributes to group curriculum
• Conduct relevant clinical assessments, create treatment plans, and ensure patient
compliance and progress to treatment plan
• Collaborate with counselors, physicians, or nurses to plan or coordinate treatment,
drawing on social work experience and patient needs
• Counsel or aid family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, or
supporting the client or patient.
• Modify treatment plans according to changes in client status.
• Conducts Biopsychosocial assessments, suicide screenings and utilize additional
assessment tools as clinically indicated. Completes clinical documentation timely.
• Clinical documentation
○ Effective documentation to support current level of care
○ Complete weekly updates evaluating treatment goals
○ Completion of clinical progress note after each session within 24 hours
• Manages aftercare plans and discharge planning.
○ Collaborate with case manager to establish aftercare plans
○ Facilitate effective discharge planning to ensure patient success after treatment
• Collaborating with family and referral sources
○ Works effectively with families and referral sources to create a system of care
• Fully licensed individuals, meeting requirements may provide licensure supervision
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to perform the job duties and responsibilities of the job outlined above.
• Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability,
personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and
the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
• Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and
rehabilitation of mental dysfunctions, and guidance.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, problem solve, and resolve conflicts for
individuals and groups.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the
situation when learning or teaching new things.
I have read, understood and agree to the assigned duties as allocated above. I feel that I am
competent in the job duties described above.